HAPPY NEW YEAR! IT'S A BRAND NEW DECADE!!
Yeah that's right, I used TWO exclamation points for that one. I also almost typed a happy face at the end of that sentence... I'm not sure what that means and I'm also not sure how I feel about that.
Anyways... I had a slightly startling realization yesterday... this is the fourth decade I have been here on this earth to witness... SERIOUSLY?!? (EDIT: what I really meant to say is I have now "witnessed the turning of three decades" as my wonderful friend ALISON pointed out... I think I will employ her as my personal fact checker.)
I suppose that's exciting in a way... 2009 was a good one..
here's a little list of things I did in 2009
*Got my nose pierced with Danielle
*took up the ukulele (aka Ingrid)
*Worked as an EA
*Moved to Victoria
*learned to Belly Dance
*Learned how to hula hoop
*Visited Forks... the home of Twilight...
*Discovered new sides of my creativity with journaling and embroidery...
There are almost too many things to list!
So this year I turned 25... and I decided that I would make a list of 25 things to do before I turn 26... I was inspired by these amazing ladies with blogs!
Now here's my list :D
GRACE'S 25 THINGS TO DO BEFORE SHE TURNS 26
1. SEE A REAL LIVE GIRAFFE -they are my favorite animals... and I've never seen one! I'm going to the zoo! I might even come back with a commemorative stuffed giraffe :)
2. MAKE MY BED EVERY DAY FOR A MONTH (I'm on day 8) -I'm naturally very messy so this is an exercise in consistently cleaning at least on thing
3. PAINT MY CANVASES -I've had two canvases sitting in my closet waiting to be painted for over a year.
4. GET A TATTOO -ok last year I finally pierced my nose... NOW it's time to get the tattoo... I'm such a wuss.. but it must be done!
5.READ THE LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY -I loved the movies.. I scored a vintage set of the books... now I shall read them.
6. GET RID OF MY N -in BC there is a graduated licensing program... I am considered a "New Driver" so I have to hang a green N in my window... I'm not 16... I need to take the road test to get rid of my N.. but considering that until two years ago I was terrified just to drive.. this is a big step in the right direction :)
7. GO BACK TO SCHOOL -I want to be a teacher... It's been three years since I finished my English Degree.. I will not work at Starbucks for the rest of my life.
8. BAKE A PIE FROM SCRATCH - two years ago I tackled cakes.. now it's time for pie. PIE
9. GET A BETTER JOB -see #7 ... I <3 coffee... but it's time for a better job
10. BRING BACK THE BLOG! Why? because.
11. GET TOMS -I've wanted to get a pair for a while... I need new shoes so now's the time. the shoes
12. MAKE A SCRAPBOOK WITH MY PICTURES -I made my first scrapbook for my boyfriend with his pictures from his trip to Africa... now I will make one for me :)
13. HANG ALL OF MY PICTURES FOR MY WALLS -I moved to Victoria in June.. I have had pictures for my walls from my last place.. I want to hang my pictures up and really make this place feel like home.
14. DOODLE 365 -It's a book I found that you can doodle in each day of the year
15. VISIT MY LOCAL MALL'S PHOTO BOOTH -I <3 photobooths
16. GET MY COFFEE MASTERS -At Starbucks you can complete a little coffee information program to earn a Coffee Master Black Apron.. I want that black apron... some would consider it the black belt of coffee!
17. Buy something from RED VELVET ART
18. TRY SUSHI -eep!
19. DRAW A HOUSE -I have really enjoyed the beautiful houses where I live... I want to draw one. LIKE THIS
20. EXPERIENCE THE BEACON DRIVE IN -It's famous for it's delicious soft serve ice cream A PICTURE
21. SORT OUT ALL THE THINGS STORED AT MY MUM'S PLACE -I have too much stuff!
22. OFFICIALLY CHANGE MY ADDRESS -I think I have two more people to let know about my address change
23. PLAY AT A COFFEE SHOP WITH MY UKULELE -it's been a long time since I've played a coffee shop.. I miss it..
24. READ JANE AUSTEN -I think I have at least three of her novels... unread... tisk tisk
25. WRITE LETTERS TO FIVE PEOPLE I MISS -*Westley *Rye *Michelle *Kara *Kim
Well That's the list... I tried to pick some big challenges and some little things I've always wanted to do.. with a new year of life there are so many new things to experience and new opportunities to take... I hope you enjoyed taking a look at some of the adventures I plan on having in the coming months!