Welcome back my darling Junipers! So good to see you! Hello! Hello!
How has your May been? Have you had much sunshine and birdsong? Spring is in full effect over here on my Island.... in fact, it's threatening to become summer a bit too soon for my liking. Normally I am a die-hard Fall person... but something about living on Vancouver Island has won me over to Spring! Crisp fresh air, the scent of trees in bloom, and the birds singing! Just incredible!
I'm so glad you have come to join me once again :) Today we are going to talk about my dreams for a Cowichan Sweater by September, Robert Munsch, and the Letter Writer's Alliance.
Grab a delicious beverage and your knitting and let's dive right in!
THE SHOW NOTES
-The winners for the mini Munsch giveaway have been determined and I think I might like to do this type of thing again! Our lucky winners are Someryarns and Knutmegknits on Ravelry!
2) The lovely yarn I was gifted was:
- Knitting Notions -Misty Mountain Hops - from Christina of A Knitter's Life (adorable blog!)
- Wollmeise - From the most wonderful Julia! THANK YOU!
3) I am a proud member of the Letter Writer's Alliance! Check it out... join in the fun!
4) #CAMP ALOHA FRIENDS! It's coming!! I'm going to be an instructor and I'm so thrilled!
STARTING JUNE 15 ... I CAN'T WAIT!
- I will be knitting my sweater in SPACECADET CREATIONS YARN! Lyra in the How Dare You colourway. BEAUTIFUL!
-Come join in the fun on my Ravelry group! WE HAVE PRIZES!!
- Susan from the amazing GIRLCAVE BAGS has been so generous!
6) THE COWCHAN SWEATER ADVENTURE!
I borrowed the book "Working With Wool" by Sylvia Olsen from the library. It's a fascinating history of the Cowichan sweater totally worth a read and it will tell you a little more about where I first lived when I moved to Vancouver Island, in the Cowichan Valley.
7) SOCKCESS! I have finished my Hedwig socks! Using my Opal yarn in the Hedwig colourway and Susan B. Anderson's 'How I Make My Socks' with a few number tweaks.
That makes it 3 pairs of socks for the drawer! WOOT!
A Look at Vegas' Most Authentic Slot Games in 2021ReplyDelete
The casino has some of the 전주 출장안마 best slot 전라북도 출장마사지 games 울산광역 출장샵 in 강릉 출장안마 the 김해 출장샵 entire world, including the likes of Cleopatra, Dead or Alive 3, 3 Kingdoms, and plenty more.
I have 2 Cowichan sweaters and 2 Cowichan toques. I love them. My distant cousin Jenny is a Cowichan knitterReplyDelete