Hello again my darling Junipers! If you are new, welcome here! If you are returning YOU ARE AWESOME WELCOME BACK!
Summer is in full swing round these here parts and it's good to grab a moment to sit down and chat!
Today we are going to start something really fun! Let's read 'Anne of Green Gables' by L.M. Montgomery! Wouldn't that be fun??
Ok, time to grab your knitting, grab a delicious beverage, and let's dive in!
The Show notes:
2) Today's delicious beverage is Cold Brew Coffee brought to you by DISCOVERY COFFEE of Victoria BC! If you ever get a chance to come and visit my beautiful city, come say hello to me, and we will go get some coffee!
3) So I definitely need to find a better way to hold the postcard wall! eep!
SPEAKING OF THE POSTCARD WALL, if you are interested in contributing PLEASE send me a message and request my mailing address :) I would love to add you to the wall :)
4) Knitpicks is having A HUGE SUMMER SALE!!! WAHOO!! seriously EVERYTHING is on sale!
5) My Mumsy is on Ravelry now!! MOIRAPAINTS Go make her your friend and spread the Ravelry love.
6) So you all know how much I love the Bumble Bees! Well, during the summer time we need to be more mindful of the little bumble bees and help them get enough water.
SO I WANT TO DO A GIVE AWAY! I have recently installed a bee waterer in my little patio garden.
Here's a link on how to make your own. If you make one, take a picture, share with us in the group and enter to win your very own little bumble bee :)
7) Congratulations to our crayon giveaway winners! Thank you Stephanie from ABOVE PARR CRAFTS for your generous giveaway donation!
8) The Eggy Johnson yarn is one step closer to deciding which pattern to do. But I need your help! COME VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE CHOICE!
9) LOTS OF PLANS FOR THINGS TO KNIT!
I'm also working steadily away on my Cowichan Sweater mini Knit Along with my darling friend July aka Inky077 of Mooncusser Bags on Etsy. The pattern we will be using is the 'I'm the Dude Jacket' from Yarnspirations website.
10) I have two wonderful finished objects this week!
my Rainbow LINDEN MITTENS designed by the lovely Jane Richmond and knit with Felici self striping yarn from knit picks in the fingering weight.
also my CHRISTMAS IN JULY SOCKS! using Susan B. Anderson's 'How I Make My Socks' pattern and Julianna's Fibre yarn in the 'Under the Mistletoe' colourway.
11) Ok so sometimes I mention a TON OF PODCASTS! here is a condensed list:
- BRAND NEW Yarnderwoman
12) My August Sock yarn is from Dancing Dog Dyeworks and I'm contemplating the Vanilla Bean Striped Socks pattern by Emily O'Grady.
13) I'm completely in love with TATTLY.COM They have some amazing new fake tattoo sets out as well as Subscriptions!
14) My first ever Knit along has come to a close! Thank you once again everyone who has participated! We have some beautiful finished objects as well as almost finished objects that you can check out on the Ravelry group page :)
15) NEW SWAPS UP FOR CONSIDERATION!
#1) The Fill a Project Bag swap dreamed up by the lovely MEREOSHOP
#2) The Friendly mitten swap dreamed up by the lovely INKY077
There will be threads open on the Ravelry group for you to come and check those out and join in! More on those in upcoming episodes!