Hello my darling Junipers!
HAPPY CANADA DAY (yesterday) !!!
AND HAPPY JULY to you and yours!
I hope that summer is treating you well so far! No sunburns or bug bites right?
Here on the fair Island of the Vancouver variety there has been much going on.... The weather is WARM and all I want to do is eat watermelon, drink iced coffee, and knit knit knit.
Have you got a delicious beverage and your current crafty project ready to go??
Let's dive in!
Show notes of awesome times and stuff:
1) 'This Moose Belongs to Me!" by Oliver Jeffers
YOU NEED TO WATCH THESE VIDEOS RIGHT NOW!!!
2) On my trip to Alberta I stopped and visited the most lovely local yarn shop 88 STITCHES in Langley BC.
-While there, I purchased the latest edition of POM POM QUARTERLY
- So I could knit the incredibly talented SHANNON COOK'S EMERY shawl pattern.
- I decided to knit it with Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool in Fuscia.
*My project bag was by the amazing Julie of MOON CUSSER BAGS!
3) In Alberta I went to visit the Dinosaurs at the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller.
-I ALSO found some beautiful Mohair yarn at a farmers' market! SPRING HARVEST FARM
4) IMPORTANT HANA HOU ANNOUNCEMENT!
WE HAVE EXTENDED THE KAL DEADLINE TO THE END OF JULY!!
If you want to dive in, dive in!! Join us! We have really fun prizes!
-Knitting the HANA HOU CARDIGAN by the lovey Mel aka Mskiknits of Single handed knits fame.
- SPACE CADET CREATIONS yarn Lyra in the 'How Dare You' Colourway!
GIVEAWAYS SPONSORED BY:
- GIRL CAVE BAGS
- ABOVE PARR CRAFTS
- AKIN JEWELS
- SPACE CADET CREATIONS
5) POST CARD PARTY on my Ravelry group!
Enter to win some fun dinosaur post cards as well as calligraphy cards from my recent adventure to Vancouver!
6) Speaking of Vancouver, I managed to visit the beautiful SWEET GEORGIA YARNS...
-I walked away with two skeins of the Tough Love Sock yarn in the Summer Skin colourway.
- I have plans to knit the DOTTED RAYS shawl by STEPHEN WEST.
7) I have ONE finished object for June *sigh*
-NEON ANKLE SOCKS! .... using the ever amazing Susan B. Anderson's "How I Make My Socks" recipe but reducing the cuff length significantly.
- Using the Regia Flourimania yarn in the 7188 colourway. :)
8) I am currently focusing on finishing my Magic Cake Ruffle Shawl, which I like to call my Molly Weasely shawl, by the most wonderful Paula aka Prairie Piper of Knitting Pipeline podcast fame... I'm on the home stretch I can feel it!
9) Speaking EVEN MORE of my trip to Vancouver.... CALLIGRAPHY CLASS!!
It was just so marvelously wonderful!
SARAH NICKERSON for putting together this marvelous give away and THANK YOU FOX AND FLOURISH for putting together such a lovely course! AND TIN CAN STUDIO for letting us use your trailer!
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
TTFN xo Juniper Grace
"Island of the Vancouver variety"- this just made my day... seriously. Such a funny expression :)ReplyDelete
Now you understand why I ended up choosing Calgary instead of Edmonton like I had planned. Google Street View totally won me over to Calgary.ReplyDelete
Awwwww....thank you Grace! You are so sweet to mention the Emery Shawl! I'm blushing! so glad you love it!ReplyDelete
hello love bug! enjoyed watching! this time i had my beverage and knitting! i had to write and tell you OliVeR JeFfeRs. have you seen Lost and Found? one of my favorite movies and the story is by OJ. oh and i'm finally an IG'er :)ReplyDelete